Sneezing from eating to fast?

Yuki

Songster
5 Years
Sep 13, 2017
My 5 year old hen whom has cancer. she just finally ate a good amount of food that was the consistency of lquidy oatmeal. She kept sneezing as if some was stuck in her throat. Why is she doing that?

When they are that old I feel like they sneeze and gasp occasionally.
Oh okay. I just want to make sure its not because she is in trouble or anything from eating too fast. I worry about her. She hasn't been eating a lot lately.

Yes, when they eat or drink too fast it can cause them to sneeze, sputter, shake their heads...and occasionally aspirate.

How do you know your hen has cancer?

My 5 year old hen whom has cancer. she just finally ate a good amount of food that was the consistency of lquidy oatmeal. She kept sneezing as if some was stuck in her throat. Why is she doing that?
I'd guess it's just the texture of the food, does she sneeze on dry food? I say that a chicken *will eat anything a pig will, they just can't chew everything a pig can. (I'm not saying *should eat) Yesterday I threw some pretty warm pepper cores into the composter. I had to bury them because, of course, the chickens would eat a couple seeds, shake their heads, sneeze, then eat some more.
Sorry on the cancer, if you feel like sharing, I'd like to hear more about it too.

One of my production reds has a habit of eating too fast, she sneezes all the time when she's eating. Sounds like a squeaky toy. :lol:

How do you know your girl has cancer?

I went to the vet with my hen. I'm also a vet tech student. I've had chickens for years. The vet suspects its cancer. She has had it for the year. The food was lquidy. I just want to make her comfortable.

I meet her every needs as best as I can. She is 5 years old. It is very common for hens to get ovarian cancer at this age.

Back
Top Bottom