Sneezing in the coop

Rhett&SarahsMom

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
It has been snowy and cold here the last few days and this morning two of my 5 girls were sneezing.
Now. I really do not need a reason to bring them in and put em up in the basement. I would love to have them someplace more weather tight.
But I wonder, if I bring them in during the night and on really cold windy days. And then put them out on "decent" or warmer days is that going to make the colds worse?

I think bringing them in would just make things worse. I personally believe the drastic changes in temperature would be hard on them.

Try putting the two who are having issues in a warmer place, maybe with a heat lamp and mist their faces with some Oxine. Make sure that they can inhale it.

A couple of mine sneezed when they drank the frigid water too fast this morning. All my waterers were frozen today-we were down to FIVE degrees.(I know that isn't that bad for some of you, but we are in Georgia, for goodness sake, albeit, at 2000 ft altitude). Brrr. Sneezing alone may not be anything important, but it's a sign to watch for other symptoms.

Last edited:
Quote:
wouldnt be that drastic a temp change. the basement isnt finished and it gets chilly down there. But not as cold as it is getting and will be getting as winter rolls in and on.

we are now looking for a new cage for one of the rabbits. She is a dwarf and is living quite spaciously in a large dog crate
roll.png

I am hoping that I can find one soon and then just move the girls into the crate that Molly is currently using.

I think what has happened is that when the tree branch fell onto the coop it separated more seams more than I had thought. They may be getting a draft now. Grrrrrr. And there is no way to fix that with the girls in and using the coop.

Back
Top Bottom