sneezing rooster

alucard

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 26, 2014
guys i just noticed my asil rooster sneezing in the morning only once he has got watery eyes and has a watery nasal discharge i have also noticed him not eating well i just brought him a hen he takes so much care of her he offers her food and flaps his wings all the time in front of her he is very active but i am very worried for his health is he okay i dont think he could have an infection because i have seen infected birds they are lazy and wont eat at all what do u think guys.

Sneezing, watery eyes, and a clear nasal discharge could be from dusty conditions or ammonia odors, but more like could be a respiratory infection. Infectious bronchitis and mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) are 2 common ones. Antibiotics such as Tylan or oxytetracycline may help symptoms of MG, and may help prevent secondary bacterial infections in both. Unfortunately, your new hen may be exposed to what he has. Some respiratory disease can make chickens carriers for life (MG) or for a year (IB.) Here is a good link to read about those and other diseases: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Back
Top Bottom