Sneezing?

sammi_lynn12

Songster
Sep 14, 2022
Grovertown, IN
So yesterday two of my five week old chicks sneezed when I was filling their food and water up. Both sneezed two to three times over about a ten min period. They are not having difficulty breathing or any other symptoms. They are up and about and seem fine otherwise.

So then I went outside to collect eggs from my hens that I got in Sept of last year and two of them sneezed when I was out there! No other issues either. Lively, talking, eating, drinking.

Should I be worried and be adding some sort of meds? Do you think it is just allergies considering they are healthy otherwise?

Is it dusty in your coop?
No, not at all. I use pellet bedding so there is basically no dust at all and at the time I was not cleaning the coop or brooder so no dust was kicked up. The one hen that sneezed was actually walking through the coop door at the time so she was outside in the pen when it happened.

No, not at all. I use pellet bedding so there is basically no dust at all and at the time I was not cleaning the coop or brooder so no dust was kicked up. The one hen that sneezed was actually walking through the coop door at the time so she was outside in the pen when it happened.
I wouldn't be concerned yet, it could be an allergy like you say, or food dust.

Back
Top Bottom