*Sniff, sniff* They're not babies anymore

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HoldensLandingChickGirl, May 24, 2011.

1. HoldensLandingChickGirl

HoldensLandingChickGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Northwest Connecticut
    We moved the chicks out to the barn/coop this morning. They were flying and jumping around like crazy - I think they like their new digs (and having so much more room!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only thing we don't have yet is the nesting boxes. The chicks are 8 weeks old - hopefully we'll get the nest boxes in there within a week or so. we had to get them out of the house, they were starting to get very stinky!

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

They do grow up FAST, don't they!? No hurry for the nest boxes...as long as they're in by the time your birds are around 16-17 weeks [​IMG] Boy does that one little cockerel have a BIG comb! Cute human chick too [​IMG]

3. diggergal

diggergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Illinois
    Very pretty flock of chickens. Cute little human flock-tender.

4. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    I just went through the same thing with mine. It's emotional, isn't it? They miss me being close by, I think, or a few of them do. Every time I go out to the barn to bring them treats, they jump on me every chance they get. Sniff.

5. HoldensLandingChickGirl

HoldensLandingChickGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Northwest Connecticut
    Thanks - the little chicken tender is H (7 years old) - he calls himself "The Egg Man" [​IMG]

And there are two presumably little cockerels - both with huge combs! I can't wait to see what they look like soon.

6. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    I can't even think about this with mine at 2 weeks today. By the way, cloth diapers were the BEST thing for my daughter - potty trained at just two years. Nothing worse than a wet diaper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by