1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Snow in SC

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BWKatz, Dec 26, 2010.

1. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    My chicks aren't even fazed by the snow. This is on the drive from the garage to their pen. Eve, my leghorn, didn't miss a beat and gave me an egg in her nest box shortly after.
    [​IMG]
    This is their winter pen just outside my backdoor. The PVC forager just isn't up to the winter weather so I had to scramble and convert an old dog kennel. I told my DH we needed to sit some statues in front & put lites on it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    They'r not fazed because they can't see the snow with their "head gear." Bet they would be fazed if you sent them up here to NJ with our 12 to 18 inches of snow.[​IMG]

3. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    Beautiful pictures! I love snow on evergreen branches!

4. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Only 2 have headgear but I'm sure if they went up there they would disappear into the snow not to be seen til spring thaw. I always loved the snow on evergreens too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by