Snow Mallard! (PICS)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KOTurkeyRanch, Jan 16, 2011.

1. KOTurkeyRanch

KOTurkeyRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Western PA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. KOTurkeyRanch

Jul 8, 2009
    Western PA
    Pics are alittle blurry [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Thats ok [​IMG]

Shes very pretty and look happy and healthy!

4. KOTurkeyRanch

Jul 8, 2009
    Western PA
    Thank you! My dad got me 4 mallard eggs because a duck had made a nest on his machinery at work so i hatched all 4, 2 died within a few weeks and the last two (drake and hen) survived but the drake went missing in july or so, and now this hen mallard lives happily with my 4 turkeys and 2 chickens. She tamed down so much, when they were little they would scatter and i couldnt let them out, now she free ranges all day. My springer spaniel pup flushes her and she flies out of sight and comes right back, so she wont be migrating. I hope she gets bred and comes back and has little ones, if not my uncle works at a hunting place and they have wild mallards so he will get me a fine drake. I love this duck!!!

5. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:I wouldnt get a wild drake cause he'd end off flying back to (his) home and your female might go with him...... What I would do is just get some mallard ducklings from a hatchery and see if she will raise them [​IMG]

6. KOTurkeyRanch

Jul 8, 2009
    Western PA
    I thought of that but where my uncle works they are wild but tamed down and used to being handled by humans, so i figure if i give it food and shelter it will stay? [​IMG]

7. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Hmmmmmm If hes in a closed pen/aviary for a while with your hen he should stay.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by