Snow Tracks - ID for Fun :)

Oooh you guys are getting closer
big_smile.png

Squirrel -- They've been stealing my collected walnuts off the picnic table. I believe that specific track was him sitting down to eat it. There's hulls everywhere and tracks everywhere. And btw, my squirrels are the size of small house cats
roll.png

Fox -- I knew there'd be foxes around sooner or later. I've seen several live and dead ones since moving in here. Now they know there's chickens here. Lovely. Thankfully, my barn is pretty predator proof and my pop door weighs at least 20lbs. They aren't opening that.

Deer -- They follow 2 trails threw our woods from the neighbors to the apple orchard across the street. There are 11 does, 2 bucks. I see them every evening like clockwork.

Dog -- Yes, that was Zoey. I shoveled a path for DH to take them out, but they'd rather roll, eat and jump in the snow. LOL

Turkey -- Jake's a ladies man. He calls constantly. After the snowfall, I went out to feed and water the animals and found 7 sets of tracks from turkeys alone coming threw the woods. They walked right up to his pen, paced back and forth a little, padded down all the snow, then left on their merry way. Jake probably hates me since he's got no girlfriends here.

You all did a fantastic job at guessing! Thanks for playing
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
fox... that one had me.

Next time I see weird tracks at my coop... I am taking pictures.
I saw some this week... but they are gone now.

that was fun!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom