Snowing in Illinois!

mothergoose

Crowing
16 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Chebanse, Illinois
Got up early this morning, so I could get on the computer while it is still peaceful in my house. Went to let the dog out and he refused. I looked out and could'nt believe it. Lots of snow. I would say probably at least 4 inches so far and still coming. My kids will be thrilled. I will have to get out there after the sun comes up, I am sure I have some birds that are not happy about the weather.
Stay warm and safe,
Christie
smile.png

We are an hour south of Chicago. It has been snowing on and off all day. My kids are having a blast though. At least there is no wind. It actually is a nice day. Pretty. This will be enough for me though. I am ready for spring!
Christie
smile.png

We have a light powder here in Indiana. There might be an inch on the ground. Nobody wanted to come out today, except a few polish & the chanteclers! BRRR!

OH- good luck on your hatching!

Yes, it is very cold here and suposed to get even colder over the weekend. We have some birds in hog heaven and some freezing their tail feathers off. We have a heated building for our growout pens of chicks and we keep the breeds that need protection from comb/waddle frostbite in there as well. Everybody else just has their buildings with straw or shavings and a light. All are doing fine though.
Think Spring
wink.png

Christie

Back
Top Bottom