Snowy Mallard ducklings (pics)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Birdgirl, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Songster

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Hatched out 14 on May 17... Lost one just yeasterday, do to cutting hay field [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres the parents:

[​IMG]

If youre near me, Im selling right now...$5 each.

BaJa and ladyh like this.
  2. CityChicker

CityChicker Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    So beautiful! That is a lot of babies for one mama. I would love to add some Snowies to my flock!

ladyh likes this.
  3. streemers

streemers Songster

Oct 13, 2008
    port orchard,WA
    wow that hen is really beautiful! wish i lived by you i would buy a bunch of them:( i only have 21 soon to be 23 ducks whats 5 or 10 more???

ladyh likes this.
  4. CityChicker

CityChicker Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Yeah, I agree! Your hen is beautiful. She almost looks like Appleyard color. I wonder what genotype she is?

5. AmyJ

AmyJ Songster

Jan 21, 2009
    Wallkill, NY
    They're beautiful! I really would love some, but I am not close enough to you.[​IMG]

6. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Songster

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Well they very well could be a different color then what Im saying. They came from a greenhouse farm and shes lets them just roam, throws the corn once in a while and coyotes get them sometimes too. I was just told from the owner that they are snowy mallards. That was good enough for me. And I love them. Thanks for all your nice comments! I wish you all were closer too! [​IMG]

7. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    so pretty! darn i need an incubator! would love one of those!

8. Birdgirl

Birdgirl Songster

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I need a incubator too! Bought an EE cause I heard they like to go broody, she is over a year and still no broody. But thanks I like them too. Im sad I have to sell the babies. I love watching them walk around and eat bugs all that good stuff.

9. cw

cw Songster

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    awwwwww

10. ridder

ridder In the Brooder

Aug 17, 2008
    We raise mallards and bought a bunch of adults from someone in Michigan, with the mallards were some just like yours!! We thought maybe they were mallards mixed with a pekin or something else. It is nice to know what they are!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: