So Confused

Love My Chickies

Songster
May 24, 2021
Texas City, TX
The first picture is Honey. He is definitely a cockrel. He loves to crow and does it A LOT. He's also getting much better at it. The second picture is Fudge, my beautiful frizzle. This is what has me confused, about a week ago I saw Fudge mimic Honey's crow. It was a pretty miserable one but s/he seemed to be trying to do what Honey did. However, as far as I know Fudge did this only two mornings a couple of times and I haven't heard it since. I'm wondering if it's possible Fudge really is just a pullet who was copying her rooster. Honey is definitely at the top of our 4-chicken group pecking order despite not being the largest. Here's to hoping!
IMG_20210706_181308107.jpg
IMG_20210706_182324568.jpg
IMG_20210711_101057516.jpg

Last edited:
The first picture is Honey. He is definitely a cockrel. He loves to crow and does it A LOT. He's also getting much better at it. The second picture is Fudge, my beautiful frizzle. This is what has me confused, about a week ago I saw Fudge mimic Honey's crow. It was a pretty miserable one but s/he seemed to be trying to do what Honey did. However, as far as I know Fudge did this only two mornings a couple of times and I haven't heard it since. I'm wondering if it's possible Fudge really is just a pullet who was copying her rooster. Honey is definitely at the top of our 4-chicken group pecking order despite not being the largest. Here's to hoping!
View attachment 2756598View attachment 2756599View attachment 2756600
Fudge is a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom