So do guineas eat wasps?

Motherhenandflock

Songster
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Southeast Idaho
I didn't get the response I was hoping for about ducks eating wasps and other stingy things.
How about guineas? They eat bugs, right? How about wasps and hornets?
Can you hear my desperation? I get stung several times each summer and have a bad reaction everytime. I was hoping for some feathered help!

I am not sure if they eat wasps. But from everything I read if you keep Honey bees you shouldn't keep free range Guineas. They will stand outside the hive gobbling them up as they come out.

Kim

Not wasps but yes on honey bees and meat bees.. I wish they ate wasps.. I have a severe Yellow jacket problem.. Last 4 days weve wiped out 35 nests.. Some were BIG too.. Today I was checking my drip line and I used my arm to push back a tree branch and 6 wasps were on my arm in about 2 seconds.. Needless to say I jumped back real quick.. I had basically pushed my arm right against their nest... Apparently Im not tasty because it was more like hey bit rather than stung... It sorta burned for a few mins but no sting marks or any swelling at all... Probably were in shock that someone would stick and arm in their home LOL....Lucky me... My son on the otehr hand attracts yellow jackets like a magnet.. Weve gone thru about 4 cases of spray... And STILL have wasps.. Horrible year for them..

Back
Top Bottom