SO Drills foot - Whose fault is it?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by welsummerchicks, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Songster

Jul 26, 2010
    3 times I told SO, don't be doing that drilling that wood with just socks on your feet - work involves steadying the board with your - FOOT. IN A SOCK. The way he was holding it, his foot was right where the drill bit is going to come out.

Whose fault is it?

It turned out the drill bit just missed his foot, his sock got twisted around it and it just missed having this 10" drill bit go straight back about four inches horizontally into his foot.

It would have totally destroyed his foot - I would think he would have had to have big toe and 2 other toes amputated and would have been off it for about 3 months and probably NEVER walk normally on it again.

I have never seen anything so close in my life.

I told him 3 times, DO NOT WORK IN SOCKS and finally I thought FINE so you aren't going to do it, what am I supposed to do,t hrow myself infront of him? I put my work boots on before going in, i told him THREE TIMES not to be in just socks.

SO - when you see this sort of thing going on - do you just say honey don't 3 times and then give up? Or do you put your body in between him and the drill and wrestle it out of his hand, or turn the electric off house wide?

If he gets hurt it's me and the animals that suffer - I have limitations and he does what I can't do.

I feel like I have a child instead of a 63 year old hubby.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    His fault, right before my divorce we were fighting about all kinds of dumb stuff.

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I ask if it is something that I need to be doing. When he asks why, I say - because you obviously have no safety plan [​IMG]

Glad he is ok [​IMG]

Go ahead and [​IMG] then once more with greater force [​IMG] Helps me feel better.

4. Slinkytoys

Slinkytoys Songster

Jun 22, 2009
    Black Forest
    Tell him he needs to get up with you in the mornings so's you can keep an eye on HIM and call 911 when he needs it [​IMG]
    Ya know, he is of an age where Alzheimers can start. IF you remind him of that, he might be a tad more careful.
    Slinky

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Such, such cruel women. Actually, I love HorseFeatherzNV way of handling this. That would make me laugh and re evaluate m y behavior.[​IMG]

6. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I have a saying for things like this, drives my husband absolutely insane. When he's doing something idiotic while working on a project, I say "Well, it's not MY project....BUT..." Then follow with very obvious observation. So you could go "It's not MY project...BUT...I would be wearing shoes..."

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  7. twentynine

twentynine Songster

Jun 14, 2009
    Right here on the Chicken Forum I have been party to threads concerning "foot wear" "proper foot wear" "safety foot wear". And I have recieved some pretty snide remarks when I questioned "bare feet" being safe, proper, and sanitary. Good luck with this thread.

For my part, primarily shoed, for heavy work steel toed puncture resistant boots.

Yes! Demand that he wear proper foot wear. And crocks don't count.

8. Frosty

Frosty Songster

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    DH was doing some wood work using the table saw and somehow got the end of his finger with the dado blade. He was using his hand to push the wood instead of the push stick. He went to the hospital, and decided that it would be embarrassing to tell the doctor how he did it, so instead he said that he was untangling weeds from the tiller and the tines came around and got him. Gee honey, that sounds a lot less stupid! [​IMG]

I hope your SO learned from it!

9. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I am more likely the one to be inappropriately barefoot. I have some interesting scars from dropped exacto knives [​IMG]

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Well..i have anger issues.. I'd grab the drill out of his hand and wack him in the head with it to get my point across the fast way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: