So eggcited to get new incubator!

SALE
ya.gif
I have got to go check it out!

Quote:
Go to their website not ebay. That is where the sale is. The one I ordered was $40 off.

I just went and looked. I hope they keep them on sale through next month. I would love to have one. I'm sure DH would NOT agree!!

I looked also. I want to buy a new cabinet bator and I've been trying to figure out which way to go. I would like at least 3 but would rather have 4 shelves for turners. I have 4 styrofoam LG's with egg turners that would go right into those custom cabinet incubators. I can afford a GQF or other brand name cabinet incubator but is it worth the extra cost? If you have a rotten egg in a wooden cabinet incubator, can you get it cleaned out? I would think the wooden bators would have a better chance of harboring and/or breeding germs. I would think a plastic or metal unit would be easier to clean (if you ever found it empty).

Hatching tray vs using a styrofoam LG bator for hatching? I haven't seen the cabinet incubators in person but the little peep holes at the bottom don't look like they offer great viewing. There is a pretty good savings if you don't need the extra room of a hatching tray.

I'd love to hear what others have found, good and bad in other cabinet incubators.

I have a Sportsman that I incubate in. It has 3 turning trays and 1 hatching tray in the bottom. I do staggered hatches. I have hatched in it but prefer to use my styrofoam incubators to hatch in. Each tray hold 2 racks and each rack holds 54 eggs so I can put in 324 eggs. Needless to say all of the eggs won't fit into the hatching tray on the bottom of the incubator. This works for me.

IMG_3010.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3499.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I LOVE your stacked brooder. Did you build that yourself? If so, are there plans? I think I've decided to buy my new cabinet incubator from "Custom Incubators" .com. They are running a special, a cabinet bator with 4 shelves for turners (I already have the turners) for $245 including shipping. If I want a hatcher drawer in the bottom and 3 shelves, the price is $249. Since I already have 4 LG styro bators that I can use for hatching, the 4 rows of turners makes more sense to me. I like to be able to watch the chicks during hatching. The company has good reviews on eBay and from other BYC'ers. If the price were closer to the Sportsman I would go with the brand name but if this one works, you can't beat the price.

Thank you for sharing those awesome pics. I love your set up. Is that a room in your house? If so, how do you deal with the dust?

I saw those they have a very large selection of incubators and nice brooders. I would really like to know how this works for you. I know that it uses a wafer thermostat, I bet if the wafer doesn't suit you well, a GQF electronic thermostat would be really good in that incubator. I wonder if the people who build those custom cabinet incubators are on BYC?

I ordered one last month and haven't gotten it yet... any feed back on how yours is working for you? how long did it take to receive it, I am on day 24 and about to go crazy waiting... I REALLY want to order some new eggs!

Claudette

LOVE LOVE LOVE your nursery! Those peeps don't know how good they've got it.

I have a Sportsman that I incubate in. It has 3 turning trays and 1 hatching tray in the bottom. I do staggered hatches. I have hatched in it but prefer to use my styrofoam incubators to hatch in. Each tray hold 2 racks and each rack holds 54 eggs so I can put in 324 eggs. Needless to say all of the eggs won't fit into the hatching tray on the bottom of the incubator. This works for me.

IMG_3010.jpg
IMG_3364.jpg
IMG_3499.jpg

Back
Top Bottom