So excited! First egg!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fshinggrl, Aug 31, 2009.

1. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I got my first egg over the weekend. It is a green EE egg. Of course I'd been checking for about a week now and she waited until I was out of town so my dh got the joy of finding it. I can't believe he even looked! So far, that is the only egg. I'm in the process of re-doing the nesting boxes so hopefully I can do that soon!
    [​IMG]
    I have 6 EE's (2 reds, 2 whites & two grey) so I don't know who laid this one. It is about the 3/4 size of a large store bought egg. I am just so excited! ETA: The chickens were 20 weeks old this past weekend.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Very pretty! Congrats!

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Congrats! 20 weeks is young - lucky you! I have some 23 week olds that I've been checking nest boxes a couple times a day...nothing yet...sigh....

4. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Soooo great- congrats!

5. wlrcad

wlrcad Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    New Hampshire
    20 weeks!!! wow thats great!!! Pepsi is....... 20 weeks and no eggs! i feel bad 4 Peps tho... she has a woodchip stuck in her throat and her food is getting stuck and clogging her throat!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] but really. .CONGRATS!1

6. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Got our second egg today.. green as well. I was there when it went 'plop.' So, I know that the kids' favorite chicken "Rosie" (white/black EE) is the bearer. [​IMG] Pretty much same size. I have 5 other EE's and 7 SLW that I am still waiting on!
    eta: It's the hen in my avi who laid the first & second egg.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by