So Excited!! Getting My First Hens For New Flock 10/07!!!!

Citron_d'uccle

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 15, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
I am finally starting a totally new flock. I have found a few SHOW QUALITY breeds that I hope to continue breeding to produce large eggs, and bred to standard. I just got 3 Black Copper Marans hens and 3 Barnevelder hens on 09/24. They are bred to produce large, dark #4 colored eggs and are beautifully colored.

I found a breeder in East TX who has SQ Black Copper, Blue Copper, Splash, and Blue Marans for sale. They originated from Bev Davis line and are all feather footed and lay a dark #4 colored egg.

I also found another breeder who has SQ Welsummer and Barnevelder hens for sale. These breeds are bred to lay a very dark colored egg as well. They are bred to standard as well.

I will also be purchasing a dozen Araucanas that lay a very blue egg. Kind of a medium blue.

I will be purchasing 12 hens and 2 roosters of each breed on 10/07!!!

Last edited:
Congrats........
thumbsup.gif

I am getting close! The breeder says he will have stock available 10/07. I will also be purchasing 6 Black Copper Marans hens, 6 Blue Copper Marans hens, 6 Splash Marans hens, 6 Wheaten Marans hens, and 4 Black Copper Marans roosters as well as 4 Blue Copper Marans roosters on 10/17. These birds are 7 months old and originated from Wade Jeane stock from a very selective breeder with a VERY selective breeding program. He will be helping me in the development of my own Black Copper, Blue Copper, Blue, Wheaten and Splash Marans. I am looking to breed my varieties to meet the French Standard and lay a dark, #4-5 colored egg.

Back
Top Bottom