So fellow addicts , whats in your bator .... Update on my eggs page 14

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gabrielle1976, May 12, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]

Horrible picture I know the lighting is awful but Ill try to get a better picture tammrow.
    SO cough it up everyone whats in youre bator .

2 eggs from luckyducky there were 9 but the USPS scrambled 7
    13 EE (?) eggs from klf73 out of 15 USPS managed to break 2
    15 Silky eggs out of 15 all in good condition
    33 or so cortunix quail eggs from KellyHM lost 3 from cracks
    10 or so button quail eggs from KellyHM
    22 button eggs from rizq
    17 button eggs from shellyd

I have a few of the quail eggs that have babies in them that I can see , a couple of those are cracked eggs so I hope them make it.
    IT all starts in about 12 days [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I got chickens, ducks, geese, turkey, quail, pheasants and EMU's, sorry I dont have a pic...............

3. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    EMU??????

Ok now you have to find a way to take pics , have a friend come over and use there camra phone and email you the pics soemthing cause with all that I gots to see.

4. simplyscrambled

simplyscrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    OMG, so at least I have company? I'm a new 'addict' lol.

I think I've coordinated it to everything, including my new Genesis shows up for starting it up on the 20th.

I have room for 3 hens. So I'm incubating:

- 6 Giant Cochin
    - 6 Frizzles
    - 2 Cochin/Ameraucana/red banty cross
    - 5 lt. Brahma
    - 10+ Black Copper Maran/Welsummers/Birchen Marans/Cuckoo Marans
    - 7 EE

[​IMG] ... [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep at least 3 hens at my school, and another teacher wants an EE roo if I get one. And the last three are shipped eggs, so who knows how that'll go! The rest I can find homes for, although I'll probably try to sell the ones I don't keep through Craigslist first.

...my temptation is ordering one of those Brinsea incubators that are on sale again!! [​IMG]

5. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Holy cow! That's a TON of eggs! How do you rotate them all? Or candle them!?

I've got 8 Brown Red x Lemon Blue Modern Game Bantam eggs (from very valuable parents... hope they make it!), 4 Golden Duckwing Old English Game Bantam eggs, and 4 Brown Red Modern Game Bantam eggs. I keep adding as they lay more. Got another BR MG to add, but I gotta wait for some more!

6. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    I have two incubators going at once.
    16 silkie eggs
    5 silkie/araucana mixes
    7 frizzles
    9 polish
    15 wild eastern turkey
    20 EE

I tossed 5 polish eggs last night [​IMG] ... 1 blood-ring, 4 infertile. the rest of the eggs have all been candled and doing great! Counting down the days.

7. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Well as soon as I can block off the last little space in the bottom I am gonna tilt the whole bator to turn the eggs , If it was just chicken I would turn them by hand probly but the little quail eggs are a pain and I have already cracked 2 but bumping them against eatch other , So tammrow I plan on rigging something to keep all eggs where they should be for the rest of the little ones and just tilt the whole thing a bit, I was watching the turner for my other LG and it dosnt seem to turn the eggs a huge amount so I feel this will be a resanable thing to do . Wish me luck [​IMG]

8. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I am tickled pink about my eggs:

4 Silkies from an awesome BYCer (there were 8, but I think USPS drove over the box - 4 crushed :-( )
    16 Buckeyes
    20 Seramas
    1 EE
    and 3 goose eggs (just an experiment, but what pretty eggs they are)

I love the huge size difference between the goose eggs and the Seramas - too funny
    Best wishes for a perfect hatch for all of us!

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I've got 20 cochin banty eggs and 2 "mystery eggs" from my RIR roo. OMG I can't believe how cute banty chicks are. I got all of mine when they were full grown- this is soooo fun! Somebody better stop me soon!

10. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    a bunch of valley quail! only my second time hatching quail, the first ones had an EXCELLET hatch rate! wish me luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by