So for sure roo? 11-12 week old SLcochins

I was not aware that there is a Silver Laced Orpington variety. I am not into Orpingtons, never had one. I am not a big fan of Cochins either. I like spicy and active chickens.
There are all kinds of Orps. Chocolate mottled are probably my fave.

I'm a total lap chicken girl. Love my floofy cuddle chickens.

What's LF?

There is a gene in some breeds of fowl that makes bantam chickens. They are much smaller than their standard counterparts who are also known as 'large fowl'. Some breeds like Silkies come only in bantam variety, some like Marans only come in large fowl size, because they lack bantam gene.

I hope it will clear up somethings. These terms will prop up frequently on this site. I hope it will make easier to navigate here.

There are all kinds of Orps. Chocolate mottled are probably my fave.

I'm a total lap chicken girl. Love my floofy cuddle chickens.

I have heard about the chocolate one. Once upon a time there was a craze about the lavender Orpingtons. Then there were English Orpingtons. I am more into utility breeds. However I do keep Aseels as pets, they are my favorite. They don't mind close human contact, but they are no pushovers.

I have heard about the chocolate one. Once upon a time there was a craze about the lavender Orpingtons. Then there were English Orpingtons. I am more into utility breeds. However I do keep Aseels as pets, they are my favorite. They don't mind close human contact, but they are no pushovers.
Love Aseels too!

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP!

Love Aseels too!

Sorry for hijacking your thread OP!

I see that you are knowledgeable in these matters. I have a rooster who looks as if he is laced, not as clearly, but still. Can you please tell me his pattern.
IMG_1525966014880.jpg

That's fine, I love adding more to my chicken wishlist 😂😂 I have lavender and buff orps, I want black and speckled?, I think is what they are called, and other colors. I'm like a woman who has to have the same shoes in every color...but with chickens 😂

I tell you it's better to have more chickens of all breeds and types than having shoes. Atleast you can show them off all at once and they multiply too.

Back
Top Bottom