So for sure roo? 11-12 week old SLcochins

Chick-InnOwner

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2020
Heres my sweet babies. I still cant get what gender they are 😅
20200718_144745.jpg

I see two pullets, but I could be wrong. You see compared to @sunnie7 , the comb your birds are paler and the tail is pointing towards the heavens and I don't see those Lancet feathers either and honestly they should be atleast practicing to crow by now.
I hope so! If they are boys that makes 10 total I got that were roos from 21 chicks. 8 from TS 😭😳 I got rid of 6, kept 2 and SO wants to keep these two no matter what. Just in their own pens. But I really hope pullets, neither try to crow but I have a 20 week head roo and his side kick who crow alot that may intimidate them?

See mine dont have those kinda neck feathers

Look at their posture, in the pick their posture looks like that of a pullet. Also cochins are single comb chickens, which makes them easier to sex. You see compared to @sunnie7 the comb of your birds look pale, in cockerels it should be a more deep red. If you look carefully you can see the early development of Lancet (pointy feathers on the back of roosters, closer to the tail, pointing downwards) in his cockerel, I don't see any Lancet development in your birds. Also notice the difference in their posture.

Back
Top Bottom