So happy to be home!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    We (me and DH) left home at 5 am Saturday morning, went to Fayetteville on business. The weather was NASTY all the way there, rain and fog and tornado warnings. The hotel we got was close to the place we were working and it was TERRIBLE! I slept on top of the covers! It was smelly and gross and the TV had bad reception. That's what I get for trying to save a couple bucks. [​IMG] Now we're home with our animals and our own warm and cozy bed. I'm in heaven. Glad to be back!!! [​IMG]

2. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  3. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:You said it sister!!! ps I'm about to email you.

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Welcome home!

You know, I learned fast that if I am going to stay out overnight, to just treat myself and stay at a nicer hotel, usually a Residence Inn. It costs more, but it is so much nicer and cleaner, too!

5. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Amen! We wanted to stay close to where we were working and picked the first place we saw, we were tired. Then when we went out to supper we saw about 15 NICE hotels. [​IMG] We didn't know the area to well. We know now for next time though. We live and we learn, right?! [​IMG]

6. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome home Southern.

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    No place like home... Welcome back.

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Welcome home Southern. Oh, do I know the "smelly,dirty hotels" I used to travel alot with my job...I think I have seen some of the worst! Glad you are home safe...and back with your animals!

9. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    The funniest part was DH sleeping with a pistol next to his side. I knew for sure we would get murdered there.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  10. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    Southern, your experience reminds me when DH & I were coming home from our honeymoon at Kiawah. We didn't see any well-known motels, so we stopped at a flea-bag strip motel. The sheets were ripped, the shower stall had huge streaks of mildew and it smelled bad. I tried my best to sleep. There was a truck that pulled in the parking lot a couple of times bringing a bunch of women! Our trip went from high-class to no-class...ugh.
    The worst part is when we got back on the road, there was a Holiday Inn a short distance away--we never saw a sign for it! I tell you what, I'd rather have stayed in a barn. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by