So, have y'all ever considered....?

I am very careful about reading labels and I am aware of what I buy. Somethings I can't do anything about like animal products in tires. I do the best that I can.

Humans are not ment to eat animals or their by-products. Look at our teeth are they more like a horse's or a cat's? Humans are the only animal that consumes another animal's breast milk, cows don't naturally produce milk they must give birth to a baby because that is who the milk is for. We humans remove the baby from the mother and take her milk and her calf is turned into veil.

Humans are the only meat eater that has to cook and season they're meat, all other animals eat it raw.

Humans still eat meat even though it causes may health problems such as high colestrol, high blood pressure, heart diesiese and other problems.

If you are having a health problem I dare you to go vegan for two weeks and see if your condition improves.

My natural reaction to this kind of challenge is to dismiss it. Usually I am resistant to change- Most people are. I may try this just because, but I am in no way against eating meat. I believe animals were put here to help us and that we should be wise in our stewardship. But enough of my soapbox. My problem with most vegetarians and especially vegans is how confrontational they've been to me about their lifestyle, so I generally dismiss it as "over the top." But, this once, I may accept your challenge, I can't see giving up meat completely, but I may try it so I can see what you are saying.

If you decide to try going vegan or vegetarian please do a little reseach for your dietary needs so you don't live off of PB&Js. A great forum to get any advice or food ideas is postpunkkitchen.com/forum. You are very right about some vegetarians/vegans I have met people like that and I don't kow anyone who likes them. The way I see it is that I'll give you the fact and my opinions and my experiences and you can take them anyway you'd like.
smile.png

I disagree(simply disagree, don't freak out) with the argument people throw out about humans not being meant to eat meat. I don't know how religious or spiritual most of you are, but if you go back through the Bible, God put man ahead of animal. All throughout the Bible people were eating meat, dining on the fattest calf for a big celebration, etc. Now in this day and age we don't NEED the protein and nutrients meat supplies our bodies with because of all the vitamins and supplements that're out on the market. But back in those days, even up until the late eighteen-hundreds/early nineteen-hundreds, they didn't have those(supplements that replaced what meat does for the body), and if they didn't have the iron and protein meat supplied them, they would've become weak, and more vulnerable to disease and illness. Their immune systems would've been weaker, and unable to fight off the illnesses, resulting in death. I don't DISAGREE with the vegitarian lifestyle, I was vegan for almost three years. But my outlook has changed. I don't disagree with eating meat. I just disagree with the way the animals live, and the way they're slaughtered in large meat mills.
smile.png

-edit- I forgot a word. Whoops!
roll.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
CAT? Cats eat meat, you know, lions, tigers etc......

She was referring to horses being herbivores, and how their mouth structure and teeth don't allow them to eat meat.

Quote:
CAT? Cats eat meat, you know, lions, tigers etc......

I would say they are neither like a horses made for grinding (which are all flat and continue to grow throughout their lives) or a cats which are made to tear and shred. They are similar to both species, having both teeth for shredding and grinding. I believe we evolved (or made...whatever your beliefs are) to be omnivores.

We started as hunter/gathers and it wasn't until we domesticated cattle (instead of hunting them) that we actually started farming and growing produce. Not the cow as you see it today, but water buffalo, yaks and taurine.

If you do research you can still find tribes who live in ares where cattle were never domesticated (or could not stand the climate), these people still remain mostly hunters.

Rent the documentary "Nature: Holy Cow" it tells about when cattle were first domesticated and how our lives changed because of this.

Another good documentary to watch is "National Geographic: Guns, Germs and Steel" It looks at many aspects of the civilization of people and we came to be where we are now. Someone has taken the time to create a page that gives a basic outline of the movie and you can view it here .
These are my views, I would consider myself more of Darwinist then anything, though I have deep respect for peoples religions and beliefs, it is not how I choose to live my life and this is how I look at look at things.

I could never not eat meat. I dont eat our chickens we have now but I want to get some birds just for the porpuse of eating. I would rather do this than get the ones from the store that have been pumped full of rat poison. When we do get some of them we will be naming extra crispy, fried, stewed, and what ever other Entree's they will be good in.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom