So he tells me, "Babe, I'm just not that into..."

wegotchickens

DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies
12 Years
Jul 5, 2007
Sevier County, TN
your chickens."
hit.gif

And proceeds to tell me that my eyes are bigger than my 'stomach' and I have 'too much on my plate.'

And he's
rant.gif
because 'his' garage smells like a petting zoo.
And he says it like it's a bad thing.
hu.gif

Of the 14 chicks that have hatched over the last 2 days I'm only keeping 1. The others were booked before they hatched! (yea yeah, I know I'm not supposed to do that)

And just because I want 4 more cages to keep my show birds separate and clean doesn't seem obsessive to me. I love my little eye-candy bantams!!!

Just had to vent. I'm grateful to know I am not alone
frow.gif

You definitely aren't alone. A garage smelling like a petting zoo is much better than the oil, gas and everything else men make a garage smell like lol.

I have 4 brooders out in my living room with 60 chicks in them lol Luckily my DH doesn't say anything
smile.png

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Yeah, I thought about that. He said I'd better keep him around or I'd be out of control and up to my ears in chicken poop. The crazy chicken lady of Seymour.
It's actually not entirely true, as I'm picky about my birds. I'd eat one hen if he'd let me since she's not laying and has the personality of a rock. She's taking space that could be filled by a better bird!

We have a compromise: I save up enough to buy a shed for my hatching and brooding and he will quit whining... about the garage, at least.
But until I have my shed I can't do anymore incubating
hit.gif

debiraymond, I'm the one that started this addiction and he's just not feeding it.

My DH is resistant... but he's the one that mentioned in passing that he really hopes our gosling is a girl so we can just keep her... and he is the one that supposedly "hates" geese! LOL!

We went to the fair and he started talking about getting a pig... so I think I'm rubbing off on him
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom