1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So he tells me, "Babe, I'm just not that into..."

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wegotchickens, Apr 29, 2009.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    your chickens." [​IMG]

And proceeds to tell me that my eyes are bigger than my 'stomach' and I have 'too much on my plate.'

And he's [​IMG] because 'his' garage smells like a petting zoo.
    And he says it like it's a bad thing. [​IMG]

Of the 14 chicks that have hatched over the last 2 days I'm only keeping 1. The others were booked before they hatched! (yea yeah, I know I'm not supposed to do that)

And just because I want 4 more cages to keep my show birds separate and clean doesn't seem obsessive to me. I love my little eye-candy bantams!!!

Just had to vent. I'm grateful to know I am not alone [​IMG]

2. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

LOL sounds just like my DH and the goats... he sounds like Yosemite Sam with his cussin' about it!

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    You definitely aren't alone. A garage smelling like a petting zoo is much better than the oil, gas and everything else men make a garage smell like lol.

I have 4 brooders out in my living room with 60 chicks in them lol Luckily my DH doesn't say anything [​IMG]

4. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmmm, you may have to choose between the guy and the pets. I'm sure you'll miss him for awhile but there'll be more room for the cages once he's gone. LOL! Just kidding.

5. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Hello all.. My name is Lacy... and I'm... a..... chicken addict.

They're like potato chips - you can't just have one.. or fourteen..hundred. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ken never says anything to me about it - he started and he feeds my addicition too.

7. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yeah, I thought about that. He said I'd better keep him around or I'd be out of control and up to my ears in chicken poop. The crazy chicken lady of Seymour.
    It's actually not entirely true, as I'm picky about my birds. I'd eat one hen if he'd let me since she's not laying and has the personality of a rock. She's taking space that could be filled by a better bird!

We have a compromise: I save up enough to buy a shed for my hatching and brooding and he will quit whining... about the garage, at least.
    But until I have my shed I can't do anymore incubating [​IMG]

debiraymond, I'm the one that started this addiction and he's just not feeding it.

8. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    If he was so stupid as to leave his garage unattended long enough for chickens to take up residency I'd say its him who has the problem... not you.

[​IMG]

9. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    My DH is resistant... but he's the one that mentioned in passing that he really hopes our gosling is a girl so we can just keep her... and he is the one that supposedly "hates" geese! LOL!

We went to the fair and he started talking about getting a pig... so I think I'm rubbing off on him [​IMG]

10. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:He doesn't get that potato chip thing. But he definitely agrees that I'm a chicken addict!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by