So Heartbroken...So Upset!!!!!! ***UPDATE***

WindyOaksYokes

Songster
12 Years
Jul 17, 2007
Central Virginia
I went out just a few minutes ago to check on my girls and I found "Trixi" our littlest boxer with something... so curious I went to see what she had... She had my DUCK EGGS!!!!!!!! Oh my... I am still shaking... very upset... she destroyed 6 out of the 11 that I had counted this morning!!!! I guess I should be thankful that she did not get them all... But still
hit.gif
:thun
hit.gif
I took her by the collar... drug her in the house and gave her to DH!!! Told him he had to do something with her and get her out of my SIGHT!!!! Good DH took her quickly down to the creek where she would not be anywhere within my sights!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif

Last edited:
Aww... I'm sorry to hear about your duck eggs.
hit.gif

The boxer probably thought they were balls to play with! Like you said, at least there are still 5 left to be spoiled!

Thanks all... Just so upsetting.

ellie... it all depends if my duck lays anymore eggs... and she didnt lay this morning so I dont know if that was it... or if she was getting ready to set on them...

Bummer. Dogs do what dogs do. Not that it's any comfort. My dog that died a few months ago at age 12 was half boxer. He had a strong prey drive, a stronger curiousity, and never grew up. Combine that with some real intelligence and it spells trouble. As you said, at least you still have a few.

I have 3 boxers and know they can be a handful and very smart dogs - mine keep me on my toes everyday - My male Wally has jumped his fence a few times and went right towards the chicken yard - thank god we were home both times and got to him before he got to them.
I am so sorry for your loss - lets hope that the eggs hatch and the little ducks will grow up big and strong and kick your dogs butt LOL

Oh windy, she will need to be kept out of there for when they hatch!!!
She should lay some more for you, she may leave that nest and build a new one to protect her young, so keep an eye on her, and the dog.
Let us know how she goes.

Back
Top Bottom