so i dont have a disease or anything i just didnt know where to post this

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Animal-lover339, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Animal-lover339

Animal-lover339 Songster

Oct 10, 2018
    Puerto rico
    ohhh oki i see well i honestly dont know his age because i bought him he is young though for thats wheat they told he wasnt ready to fight since hes young but i dont fight him thats what they told me,and thank you he isnt that great looking now he was better looking i had him very nice in fact let me update my profile pic lol

2. Wolfefarmyard

Wolfefarmyard Crowing

Aug 18, 2017
    Gansevoort, NY
    Omg that’s horrible! I can’t even imagine!

EggSighted4Life likes this.
  3. Animal-lover339

Animal-lover339 Songster

Oct 10, 2018
    Puerto rico
    yes it is very terrible i for one dont do that i can shave their legs cuz its like cutting hair but putting them in the sun with alcohol i dont really get what is it with the red legs i think their skin is great the way it is but also some are just like that

EggSighted4Life likes this.
  4. roosterhavoc

roosterhavoc Crossing the Road

Jan 5, 2012
    Is that rooster always standing on wire?

5. Animal-lover339

Animal-lover339 Songster

Oct 10, 2018
    Puerto rico
    no not always i usually put a slab of wood so his legs dont get damaged cuz i made that mistake once

6. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Free Ranging

Thank you for explaining!

I had never seen red skin like that before (or a battle trimmed one), so it may very well be from the treatment you describe and not parasites... geeze, what kind of parasite could withstand that. :hmm

Do you know if it makes the feathers not grow back in the next season or just for looks (rather heat) and has to be done each year?

Very often if a bird is molting you will see new pin feathers coming in, like the tail area where you are concerned.

Sounds like you are going to be taking good care of him. And as saaniya said, my birds also have lots of mini molts on their way to maturity to grow in their adult plumage.

Since the red skin is not an indicator, in THIS case of parasites... checking after dark with a flashlight and parting feathers down to the skin and look for things running away will give you a best picture when you do need to check them... as things are surprisingly hard to see during the daytime. :)

7. Animal-lover339

Animal-lover339 Songster

Oct 10, 2018
    Puerto rico
    ohhh i see well its very common herein puerto rico to do that ,no the feathers will grow back mine actually has his growing back its supposed to be full bald and its for looks and for resistance and it does have to be done every year of month or so depending when u fight or for show,oh and yes i take good care with all my hirds i like to compete them ,ohhh i see ill check taht tonigght

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: