So, I fudge the numbers a little...

wee.gif
LOL, chicken math! Yea, that's the ticket... Since I only have 9 right now, he doesn't even have to pull off his socks and shoes.. Since he pays the feed bill, there's no hiding it BUT the cricket bill is another story!!!! 20+$ a week average......
hide.gif
He would have me committed, I am sure.
D.gif
ya.gif

its ok i only have 26 total so im guess im just a drop i the bucket. mom counts the chickens and the eggs and the ducks and the chicks and i tell her shes off b/c you dont count your chickens before they hatch
lol.png

I refuse to count...I ain't got enough fingers or toes....never did learn none of that fancy figuring

Feed...I refuse to discuss that as well...I like to plead various numbers...keeps them guessing and trying to figure out what you mean

Quote:
*cough cough*

My DH still hasn't found out about the 6 little chicks I sneaked in from TSC last week!! I hope it stays that way!!!!!!!

I also haven't mentioned that one of the Cuckoo Maran "pullets" that I promised him would lay pretty chocolate eggs ---- has "turned into" a cockerel on me ---- SO I'm getting a replacement!
lau.gif

The secret to buying feed is to just get one bag every Thursday, whether or not you need it. That way the receipt never shows more than one bag. PLUS you get to go to TSC more often!

Quote:
I LOVE THIS !

Ha, went into TSC the other day, and the guy said "So much for the average customer visits TSC 7 times a year". I think since getting the chicks and starting our coop project we've been there at least once a day for a week. LOL

Last edited:
My DH is threatening bodily harm if I buy more chicks than what we have room for. "DO NOT buy more birds if we don't have housing for them," he says to me. "I do not want a bunch of little chicken houses all over the yard!"
tongue.png
Like when I brough 2 call ducks home. They still need housing, they've been here since the end of January! I have 8 chicks coming in April and will be doing a hatching project for my son's science fair project. We have been given an incubator, I'm going to be in so much trouble!

Last edited:
LOL! I totally hear you on this! I wanted to get a few chickens. So I got these 4 pullets who are about 6 weeks old. Now I think I need to get just a few more. There's no hiding it from DH, they'll all be in the laundry room until the coop is ready..... and he's the one working on it. Plus, he's an engineer, so there's no fudging numbers with him!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom