so I have some questions

Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
I recently changed a rooster and a hen for a fight cock now I personally don't fight them but I do want to know what característics that I should look out for like to know if he is pure bred he's pretty young but his spurs are big so I'm assuming he won't be to big but please help I just want to know característic's of a pure bred fight cock

I recently changed a rooster and a hen for a fight cock now I personally don't fight them but I do want to know what característics that I should look out for like to know if he is pure bred he's pretty young but his spurs are big so I'm assuming he won't be to big but please help I just want to know característic's of a pure bred fight cock
From what I gather from my research on American Gamefowl, there are different lines of the birds. Some breeders will only breed cocks to hens of the same line of color variety while other breeders are focusing on hardiness, disease resistance, & gameness overall and aren’t particular about crossing lines or color varieties together to get a better bird.

There are 2 basic kinds of gamefowl. The first is American game, which are a bit more common. They come in different colors, and different families, or "lines".

The second type are Oriental gamefowl. There are many breeds; Thai, Asil, Shamo to name some more common breeds. These also come in many different colors.

Please post a pic of your rooster and maybe we can help you begin to understand the color and type, and whether the bird is purebred

There are 2 basic kinds of gamefowl. The first is American game, which are a bit more common. They come in different colors, and different families, or "lines".

The second type are Oriental gamefowl. There are many breeds; Thai, Asil, Shamo to name some more common breeds. These also come in many different colors.

Please post a pic of your rooster and maybe we can help you begin to understand the color and type, and whether the bird is purebred

ohhhh I see thank you very much that is the handsome young man it seems as he was gonna fight soon good timing
20190617_095736.jpg

Back
Top Bottom