so I have some questions

That’s an opinion. We all have favorite breeds and believe some have different characteristics than others.

I personally find my bantam bearded silkies to be the friendliest of breeds. At least from my personal experience.
Take one of your bantam bearded silkies, raised wild in the woods by it's mama. Catch it out of a tree one night when it's five or six months old and throw it in a pen. Toss it grain once a day for however long, another couple months or three years. One morning, walk in the pen and reach down and pick it up, and put it on a towel in the fron't seat of your car. Drive to a fair or an agritourism event, get out, unpack your things, and go grab the chicken, and set it on the ground next to your stuff. Get your things set up and then take your chicken and wash it, so it's nice and clean. Let it loose again so it can dry off. Once it's dry pick up the chicken and set it on your knee, on a towel. Then wait as the gates are open and hordes of people storm you, dogs, baby strollers, bus loads of screaming school children, reaching and grabbing for the bird. It should relax on your knee, with no other restraint. If you need a bathroom break, you should be able to set it down by your chair and then come back ten minutes later and find it in the same spot, possibly eating food out of a strangers hand. Let me know how they do, I might want to get some.

Also take them fishing and see if they will perch on the bow of the boat. See how they do in the car, they should function much like a radar detector, making a different noise for each potential danger, blue lights, car pulled over on the side of the road, tractor trailer approaching in your blind spot, pedestrian, etc.

You should also be able to trust any male, from six months to sixteen years of age with a toddler, with around a 99.95% chance of them never exhibiting any human aggression tendencies. They should function well completely by themselves, with no other chickens, when placed in a pet home with children, they should thrive and live for around 15 to 20 years, even if they get kicked out and have to fend for themselves.

The cocks, when placed in a flock protector role, should be able to hold their own with any raptor in North America. The hens should be able to raise four large clutches of chicks per year, and they should be able to do it with little if any human intervention. With the proper cover, they should have enough instinct to be able to avoid predators quite well, and at the very least be devoid of genetic defects that prevent them from seeing the sky.

Desiring the traits I have described would be a reason to risk using an evil game chicken to breed.

Take one of your bantam bearded silkies, raised wild in the woods by it's mama. Catch it out of a tree one night when it's five or six months old and throw it in a pen. Toss it grain once a day for however long, another couple months or three years. One morning, walk in the pen and reach down and pick it up, and put it on a towel in the fron't seat of your car. Drive to a fair or an agritourism event, get out, unpack your things, and go grab the chicken, and set it on the ground next to your stuff. Get your things set up and then take your chicken and wash it, so it's nice and clean. Let it loose again so it can dry off. Once it's dry pick up the chicken and set it on your knee, on a towel. Then wait as the gates are open and hordes of people storm you, dogs, baby strollers, bus loads of screaming school children, reaching and grabbing for the bird. It should relax on your knee, with no other restraint. If you need a bathroom break, you should be able to set it down by your chair and then come back ten minutes later and find it in the same spot, possibly eating food out of a strangers hand. Let me know how they do, I might want to get some.

Also take them fishing and see if they will perch on the bow of the boat. See how they do in the car, they should function much like a radar detector, making a different noise for each potential danger, blue lights, car pulled over on the side of the road, tractor trailer approaching in your blind spot, pedestrian, etc.

You should also be able to trust any male, from six months to sixteen years of age with a toddler, with around a 99.95% chance of them never exhibiting any human aggression tendencies. They should function well completely by themselves, with no other chickens, when placed in a pet home with children, they should thrive and live for around 15 to 20 years, even if they get kicked out and have to fend for themselves.

The cocks, when placed in a flock protector role, should be able to hold their own with any raptor in North America. The hens should be able to raise four large clutches of chicks per year, and they should be able to do it with little if any human intervention. With the proper cover, they should have enough instinct to be able to avoid predators quite well, and at the very least be devoid of genetic defects that prevent them from seeing the sky.

Desiring the traits I have described would be a reason to risk using an evil game chicken to breed.
Great post, and thank you!!

I miss my Orientals. My American game are good with the toddler and fend well for themselves but have never been worked with, live pretty much wild, and take care of themselves.

My oegb are friendliest breed i have i use them over all the other breeds for showing. To have a good show bird and breed for the traits you need your going to end up with birds hat fight but we dont in courage it. This person said they dont plain on using the bird for fighting. i would personally rather have a OEGB roo than my silkies if i had to choose

Back
Top Bottom