So I have this chicken that was raised by a turkey...

M-H-Fielding

Formerly known as -7-6-
Apr 10, 2019
Oermount
My Coop
My Coop
Well, the title pretty much tells you everything!
Last year, I had a turkey hen sit on several eggs, and apparently one of them was a chicken egg.
After about three weeks, I went out and found a little baby chicken under her wing, and I was a bit surprised!
A week later, two turkey poults hatched. The poults and the chick got along fine, and refused to be separated.
The long and short of the story is that the turkeys turned out to be toms (I'm always that lucky person that ends up with too many males), and chicken was a hen. UNTIL THIS DAY she refuses to be separated from the turkeys.
If I put her in with the chicken flock, she just stares at me like "What is this?" and hops back over the fence!
Then, today, I went outside to feed them, and there she was with the chickens! She just changed her mind overnight!

That's all I've got. I hope this story can put a smile on someone's face, and so be put to good use.

Well, the title pretty much tells you everything!
Last year, I had a turkey hen sit on several eggs, and apparently one of them was a chicken egg.
After about three weeks, I went out and found a little baby chicken under her wing, and I was a bit surprised!
A week later, two turkey poults hatched. The poults and the chick got along fine, and refused to be separated.
The long and short of the story is that the turkeys turned out to be toms (I'm always that lucky person that ends up with too many males), and chicken was a hen. UNTIL THIS DAY she refuses to be separated from the turkeys.
If I put her in with the chicken flock, she just stares at me like "What is this?" and hops back over the fence!
Then, today, I went outside to feed them, and there she was with the chickens! She just changed her mind overnight!

That's all I've got. I hope this story can put a smile on someone's face, and so be put to good use.
Cute story XD

Back
Top Bottom