So I have this cute little shed....

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Kari, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Kari

Kari Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Massachusetts
    So I have this cute little shed in my backyard.......
    [​IMG]

And since my babies are now a week old, I figured that I better get moving on finding them some new digs.....the shed was full of lawn tools, pool supplies, kids sports stuff....so I cleaned it out today,
    [​IMG]

and dear hubby and I decided to build some nest boxes. The nest boxes are about 12 inches deep by 14 inches wide, and about 13 inches high...
    [​IMG]

they are almost done...we also added a board across the front to keep the eggs from from rolling out. I know it looks like a lot of nest boxes, but I have 40 babies in my brooder, and I don't want any squabbling over nest space.....

[​IMG]
    Next week we will start on the addition to the chicken house. Currently it's only about 8x8, not enough room for my girls. I will be adding two windows to the south side, and the addition will be off the back, the east side. The run will be approximately 10x50 off the south side....stay tuned for updates!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Looks great. [​IMG]

3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Nice digs [​IMG] We have discovered that no matter how many boxes you have they will always squabble of one of them [​IMG]

4. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    Im jelous!!! I wish i had a cute little shed in my yard to put more chickens in!! It looks great and good luck!

5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l

6. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    so cool [​IMG]

7. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thats an awesome shed coop.
    I think you should call it "The Nest Box Inn"

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  8. HappyHatch'en

HappyHatch'en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    GEORGIA
    It's fun to remodel, the shed you inherited puts you ahead of many of us...don't forget to vent

9. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    I love it, Great chicken house. [​IMG]

10. Orpington Poultry

Orpington Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    California
    What a great start, so much potential. Very cute, good luck. What breed of Poultry are you going to have living in this Poultry Palace?

K.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by