So I want a rabbit, what do I do next?

Come get some from my house. I have 100's of them running around my house every day, along with coyotes, hawks, owls, deer, squirrels (sp?) and chipminks.
lol.png

I'm going to recommend asking around and tell people locally that you are looking for a *free* rabbit. This time of year people who bought them for Easter might be trying to get rid of them. When I got mine, he was a show stud for some girls in 4-H. They had become teenagers and moved on. They were happy to find him a good home. I have had Chinchilla does in the past and right now have an Angora Lop. Although I'm very partial to the Rex varieties. I love that coat! Bunnies are fun, fun, fun! But get it fixed!

Here's Turbo Fluff. He loves the chickens!

P1000003.jpg

Corey,
I haven't seen any mucous or her pulling feathers at all. I've tried to spend time with her, and at first she'd sit on my shouder withour other bird while I did school, but she absolutely hates me and every other person she's ever met now, and our ''quality time'' consists of her biting my fingers off. ( and I'm not mistreating her, although it probably sounds like it.) She doesn't seem to be bored, she'll fly around the room and swing on her swing,etc. but the only chew-toy she seems to enjoy is human flesh, and I can't fid anyone willing to supply that. Actually, my brother had a friend over the other day who wanted to bother her from outside the cage, and started to stck his hand in the cage. My brother warned him not to do that because she'll bite, but as he wanted to anyway, I told him he could at his own risk. Of course he had to prove that he was a tough guy, and tried it. She bit and held on, and wwhen he got his hand loose, he had to admit she was a very strong bird. I got a big kick out of it.
As to getting another bird, I'd love to, but Mom said no, we'd have the same problem again when Snowflake dies.
We live near Lynchburg, VA.

Back
Top Bottom