So, I was on the Porch Today and...

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
I was resting and playing with my daughter when my baby roo came to see me, he flew up on the back of my chair and sat... Ok, well then out of no where he pecks my eye-ball!!! AHHHHHHH!!! ?OUCH!!! Little guy was asking to be thrown in the pot!!! Bad thing is, I knew he was going to do it and I had my hand on the side of my face,no sooner did I remove my hand did he attack my eye!!! He was the lil moster who always tried to peck my face and get my tounge when I talked, now he is going for my eye-balls! But, I still love the little monster Jellybean!

i have to agree if he is showing a pention for hurting now he may get much nastier be very careful with him around your daughter. I got rid o my last roo when he attacked me. The one I have now is a sweet as can be which is a must since I have a 3 1/2 year old ds who likes to dance around the chooks. Alabaster (the roo) is so good about it never showing any signs of agression. Good luck
smile.png

I really hope it wasn't out of aggression, he is so sweet and it just didn't come across to me as him trying to hurt me or be dominant over me
hit.gif
I hope he doesn't get mean!!! I will stay on the side of cauution though!

I hope your eye is ok
hugs.gif

And I would have walluoped him a good one
smack.gif
to put the fear into him. He needs to learn quick that is not an area to be pecking to check things out.
barnie.gif
I would watch him, if he gets by with it, he will do it again. SO next time
rant.gif
smack.gif
and then hopefully for him he will learn that's not a good thing. At least that's what I do. Hope all works out well or well done as it make cookup.
ep.gif
gig.gif

big_smile.png
Karan

He doesn't have to be mean to do serious damage to a 2 year old. I would keep a child that young separate from chickens.

He was not doing it out of aggression. I have been pecked at several times by a curious bird. Mine are the tamest birds ever, but they see something that catches their eye and peck at it unintentionally. It is not the animals fault, they don't know what they are doing. Any child should be taught to keep their face away from ANY animals face. Especially with a rooster, they are unpredictable. Chicks will constantly try to peck your eyelashes. I had one that would go after them every time I picked her up. It drove me crazy!

Quote:
I did whack him, but I didn't know if I was suppose to or not, it was just a natural reaction.

Quote:
She knows to stay away from them, and she is never around them unless I'm right there... They don't really enjoy her company anyways b/c she tries to chase them around the yard...

Back
Top Bottom