So, I was on the Porch Today and...

Eyeballs are shiney! He just sees a shiney object. I have worked around a lot of birds and never let them around my face. People like to let parrots sit on there shoulders.
old.gif

My emu tries that sometimes, she likes shiny things. I can normally see it on her face when she is about to cross into my personal space, and I have to put up my finger and tell her NO to break her trance, LOL.

Quote:
I agree. I've come to learn that look my hens give me right before they decide to peck something shiny on me. So far I'm quicker than they are.
cool.png

My roo doesn't do it, mainly because when I pick him up he's too busy thinking "oh ****! The big roo has got me!!!!!!"

Quote:
She knows to stay away from them, and she is never around them unless I'm right there... They don't really enjoy her company anyways b/c she tries to chase them around the yard...

You were right there when your eye was pecked.

Quote:
I agree. I've come to learn that look my hens give me right before they decide to peck something shiny on me. So far I'm quicker than they are.
cool.png

My roo doesn't do it, mainly because when I pick him up he's too busy thinking "oh ****! The big roo has got me!!!!!!"

LOL It's true, they will kind of cock their head sideways and get that curious look in their eye. When I have had a bird that really likes to peck curiously at me, I just don't pick them up until they get over it. I had one baby that was constantly biting my lips! I think she thought that they were big juicy worms
lau.gif
I didn't mind though because she was gentle. My poor little puppy got pecked in the eye once by a baby. It's sad because she thought that they were being aggressive. They are just dumb =/

Quote:
She knows to stay away from them, and she is never around them unless I'm right there... They don't really enjoy her company anyways b/c she tries to chase them around the yard...

You were right there when your eye was pecked.

Yea obviously, but I'm not stupid enough to let my 2 yr old stick her face close enough for the chick to peck; hence me being around her and supervising her and the chicks, in order to prevent this from happening to her... Now, why my eye was pecked, because I let my chicks get close enough to me to peck me b/c they are tame aside of being curious and often rest in my lap or on the back of my chair and I will continue to let them I will just not let them near my face again.

Back
Top Bottom