So, I was thinking

Quote:
That's a thought, but urban areas don't really work that way. But it is a possibility I will have to keep open.

If I could sell to a vendor at the outdoor market, that would be cool. I don't want to run my own booth, I like my weekends too much.

Quote:
Seriously--people LOVE the idea of trading goods for goods instead of using money, once you introduce it. The head of our CSA asked me a couple of weeks ago if she could buy one of my Narragansett toms, and when I said we could just trade for food, she seemed genuinely delighted. And if you own a business, the retail value of your goods will "buy" you more than you could get for the money you have IN those goods.

Being homeschoolers, we have a lot of playgroups and other activities on a regular basis with other homeschoolers, many of whom have gardens. I have already brought up the idea of having a trade-day or posting online when we have something to trade. I don't have a garden, so I am really looking forward to trading some of my eggs for fresh produce!

Back
Top Bottom