So, I went to Tractor Supply...

Farmington

Songster
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Northeast Ohio
Where have we heard this before?
lol.png
I swear, all I wanted was some feed, and shavings, but I couldn't resist peeking in the bantam bin. Came home with 6 little peeps. Don't know what they are, but all have feathered legs. They had a couple that were definitely silkies, but I wasn't sure how they did in a non-heated coop in the winter? anyway, I will try to post pics later. Meanwhile, I have more chicks coming May 10th. There are 6, and all large fowl. I should be able to introduce the babies to the bantams when they're 8 weeks old without too many problems, right? I mean they probably will be the same size as the almost grown bantams by then. Any suggestions, or thoughts on this? Thanks!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Haha, it's inpossible to go to TSC without coming back with chicks!!!! LOL
lol.png

Hurry and post pics of you peeps!!!!!!!!!!1111

It's easy here... all we ever seem to get is production reds
roll.png

Not a problem here. TSC does not have any stores in this area.
lau.gif
Probably because there are too many other feed stores. It sounds like we are not missing much. Around Apr 1 - 3 I will be going to several local feed stores to pickup chicks and feed. As soon as I buy 25 chicks I will try to avoid the feed stores for awhile.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Haha, it's inpossible to go to TSC without coming back with chicks!!!! LOL
lol.png

Hurry and post pics of you peeps!!!!!!!!!!

I do it all the time. Just got a cattle panel from TSC last Thursday, looked at but didn't buy any chicks.​

I was going into our TSC yesterday for two chicks to replace two that just died, and dh offered to stay in the van with the kids while I ran in alone. He said, "You know how to count to two!" I just looked at him and smiled like, "Yeah right!" I already had 4 seperate chick receipts from 4 seperate visits in the last 2 weeks, and he things I'll come out with only the two I'm going in for? I made him go in to be sure. It's a good thing he did because they had Naked Necks (which he hates) and the cutest little bantam polish
droolin.gif
that would've made a nice friend for my other bantam polish chick that is in my brooder (with the other 30+ chicks). Actually another lady bought it while I was there, so hopefully it at least went to a good home.
hit.gif
He's at work right now....maybe I should sneak back. But then again, I think the 4 kiddos would probably tell on me since I have to take them along.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom