So, I went to TSC today....

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
Just to get feed.....honest!!
tongue.png
Well...what do I hear...cheep cheep cheep translated: COME GET US!! So, I wander over....so glad DH is NOT with me...and they have cornish cross chicks. YES!! I wont have to order them. AND, they are #1.49 each!! CHACHING! So I ask the lady for a box...and she is watching me count out 25. The conversation went like this.
HER : These are straight run chicks, you DO know that right?"

ME: Oh, yeah, thats ok...wont matter much.

HER : I hear they are great egg layers.

ME:
roll.png
No, these are meat birds. They will be butchered in 7 or 8 weeks.

HER : Why so young? Dont you want eggs?

ME: ( wanting to
smack.gif
her) These chicks are cornish cross....they are not egg layers, persay. They are meant to be butchered at 8 weeks.
She gives me this look
hmm.png

Oh well...I at least got mine...and will go back in a few weeks and see if they have any more of these " great layers"
gig.gif

ahhh I am so envious. I went to TSC yesterday and they are out of chicks and now only taking orders that will be shipped to your home. ( I can do that myself since the min order is 25, PLUS shipping )

My other area TSC isn't getting chicks until April 13th and they have no idea what they are getting. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed they get Cornish X.

well youll be eating fresh home grown chicken in 8wks.dont ya just love salespepeople that dont know nothing bout chickens.

When I went to Coastal Farm the other day I had a similar experience. A nice father and daughter asked the employee which chicks would be good egg layers. The man was like, I dunno. I told them which were the good egg layers and told them if they wanted colored eggs to try some EEs. The employee said "Don't get those, they're mean! They already pecked a chick to death today!"
roll.png

After the man left I told the father to just disregard what the man said and get a few EEs if he wanted. You'd think farm stores would have employees who know about chickens!

One year I was mad at DH for something (don't even remember what) and he told me that we needed to go to TSC. Got there and he bought me some ducklings (he saw them there earlier and wanted to take me to pick them out). Ahhh, how well he knows me! How can I stay made when I have a box of ducklings?
tongue.png

How about this one.....

Feed store in my area was to get chicks in for sale this morning. I asked her if the chicks were sexed. She replied, and I quote, "No, they're all pullets".
lau.gif

smack.gif
I really wish they were more educated on thier items for sale. I also asked the same lady for hog feed. She said : Oh yeah, we have it. She led me to cracked corn!!
idunno.gif
I said...no, I want hog feed. She said...thats what we fed our hogs, and they were fine.
smack.gif
I sure was looking to get my arms excersized today with that smacking thing goin on! LOL

AHH yes TS! Gotta love them. I went in the other day for a brooder light and feed... chirp chirp chirp... 5 brown leghorns and three ducies for the kids. That store is so addictive!
barnie.gif

SBF

Back
Top Bottom