So Jealous.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by SkyWarrior, Dec 4, 2011.

1. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    This is one of those so jealous rants. [​IMG]

I drove by a house on the way to home and they have chocolate and black turkeys! Oh, they're beautiful. I won't be getting my heritage birds until the early summer next year! [​IMG]

We butchered my two BBW birds, but I just love turkeys and their personalities. I just want to get some turkeys again, but it's too darn cold to raise turkey chicks!

Oh the wait!

2. Caat

Caat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    BC,
    well we have a black turkey, not sure what breed. she'll be christmas dinner. I'm looking forward to raising turkey chicks next summer too!

3. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    you drove by my place today? [​IMG]
    ok, I've only got one chocolate and one spanish black... the rest are other breeds so it probably wasn't my place.
    the spanish has turned out to be a tom, so we may be having turkey for new years...
    I'm liking the chocolate hen alot, kind of shy, but beautiful.

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    If their birds really looked nice, you could always stop by and inquire about purchasing poults in the spring.

5. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    Quote:Yeah, I thought about it. They seem to keep to themselves a lot, and the 7 foot deer fence looks intimidating -- especially since they keep their driveway shut off so the birds don't get out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by