so mad at my son's school-UPDATE PG 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I understand that but this is a little kid and every school I went to and my children have attended have celebrated all the different holidays. Since this was a young child and he is well behaved, what harm did it do to have green hair on St. Patrick's day? If this had been for a Pep Rally or something and he showed up in School colors , nobody would have said anything probably. He was participating in something and most schools I know of stress participation. Poor little kid!!

Quote:
That may be, but 30+ years ago we didn't have to worry about child molesters, rapists, etc. as much as we do now. Can't blame parents for wanting their children to be safe and have a fair trial, especially in this case where the child was only having fun and the teacher clearly singled out this one student.

Quote:
I went to a catholic school in the city, we could do things like this on special occasions....
This is not about my childs behavior at all, I colored his hair. My children wear their pants where they belong, don't wear skirts too short, no belly showing (13yo). I support a teacher that supports my child. My husband constantly gives kudos to the teachers that actually care about my kids. He just as quickly goes to the principal to say so and so it doing a great job. Equally and fairly all situations are handled, so if they do something we don't feel is appropriate we address it. I know my children aren't angels, but c'mon, it's green hair on St Patty's Day. This child is extremely well behaved, never in trouble, highly intelligent. If we lived somewhere my children had other kids to play with, I would homeschool, but they need social interaction with peers, something our neighborhood doesn't provide.

Oh, I will address the dress code for the last time, this was not part of the dress code. It is NOT written into the rules of conduct, dress, etc. NOWHERE is it addressed. This teacher of a different 2nd grade just had a problem with my son's hair, period.

My wife and I are both retired teachers. I began when I was 19 and continued until I was 59. If parents had behaved like they do now when I first started teaching, I'd've walked out the first day and never gone back. It's just disgusting to see how ignorant people can go into a school and get by with blatant bad behavior to defend their own or their children's bad behavior. They should be arrested.
NOTE: I am not suggesting that anyone here is like that.

I taught gifted education and Chinese language/culture so I had wonderful students and parents. Anne taught German and Chinese, so she too had great kids/parents. Most teachers in our two school systems were not as lucky as we were; most had several children in all their classes who should have been put in juvenile detention centers and their supportive/enabling parents served restraining orders.

Edited to change "...in all their classes that should have ..." to "...in all their classes WHO should have..." before someone jumps on it because it was done by a teacher.

Last edited:
Quote:
it is these *ignorant people* who complain enough to get things changed to their benefit, if they only put that much effort into their kids
hmm.png

Quote:
Are you seriously calling me a liar? LOL..should I fax you my transcripts or what? I happen to have a Masters degree in toxicology from the University of Florida. You're a jerk. Actually, anyone who calls someone they don't know a liar because it doesn't fit in with their preconcieved notions is more than a jerk, they are ignorant.

I think that this thread has seriously gotten out of control. Perhaps a moderator would consider closing it.

Suzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom