So many things!!! What do I do????

At there age now all you need is chick starter/grower and an appropriate size waterer. Fresh water every day. And the bedding of your choice. Most important is to make sure the coop and run outside is secure. No gaps or holes over half Inch. Think about varmints ability to dig in or fly in from the top. This stuff will always be formost for chicken owners. Everything eats chicken!
Oyster shell and fake eggs (I go cheap with golf balls) chickens dont know the difference, are far off in your future and you have time.
Meal worms, grit, toys may come soon, but dont stress about it. Do your research and take it a day at a time. Enjoy them every day.
Congratulations on your chicks !
I got the run/coop and then bought enough hardware mesh to line pretty dang near the whole thing 🤣 no raccoons disassembling my chicks thank you!!! So, I think they will be safe. I will calm
Down a bit ha ha. I moved from California to Tennessee in June… needless to say I need to adapt a bit and calm down. The anxiety isn’t becoming 🤣🤣

You just check their body for those? Can you see them? Do the come from the yard? Are fire ants ok for them to eat?

You just check their body for those? Can you see them? Do the come from the yard? Are fire ants ok for them to eat?
Lice comes from wild birds. You can see them.
Mites can also be seen.
I believe people kill fire ants naturally. I don’t thing chickens eat them but I live in Wisconsin and we don’t have fire ants. You may want to post this question in your State or Country Thread depending on where you live (US, UK, South America, etc.)

Do you have grit for the chicks? That should be given in a separate bowl of its own. Chicks don’t need to much, coop, water , feed , grit and dusting area (sand works). Ventilation should be above their heads , predator wire. I also like to keep a game camera and an automatic light sensor for the night time , if I’m walking out to the coop. Toys are nice and perches too for roosting.

Do you have grit for the chicks? That should be given in a separate bowl of its own. Chicks don’t need to much, coop, water , feed , grit and dusting area (sand works). Ventilation should be above their heads , predator wire. I also like to keep a game camera and an automatic light sensor for the night time , if I’m walking out to the coop. Toys are nice and perches too for roosting.
What does grit do? That is different than their food?

Back
Top Bottom