So much different info....what to do?

littlebanty

Songster
12 Years
Oct 31, 2007
West Melbourne, Florida
OMG I cant beleive all the different info poeple have on the net about incubating and storage of eggs. I see DONT turn and DO turn while storing. Store on the counter....Store in the fridge. Im so confused. I put my eggs in the bator 6:00pm last night and read not to turn them for the first 24 hours....others say turn them once in the bator. I just turned them today for the first time around 12:30pm. I stored mine on the counter. Should I put them in the fridge next time? Im not sure of the temp in there but its probably about in the low 40's. I read as long as they dont freeze they are fine in teh fridge....
hmm.png

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
omg I am so glad that I am not the only one who - got confused about all the info LOL

I set duck eggs for the first time - 4 from the frig one fresh from the nest - the fresh one had veins and one of the frig babies had veins - they made it to day 16 before my bator had a temp spike and I lost them.

I set 7 more sunday, 6 from the frig - 1 from the nest.

I have been turning them three times a day I turned them for the first time monday morning I gave them sunday night to rest while warming up, they were set at 7pm sunday.

I dont know how much help I have been since I have never had any of my eggs hatch yet - this is only my second time trying LOL

good luck with your hatch

Julie

silkhope

Songster
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
Pittsboro, NC
I've been confused too, especially with humidity. So many articles, and people here too, have different ways of hatching. I guess it's really trial and error.

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
well I guess we can start the " I am so confused club lol "

I guess we will figure this out - together - good luck with your hatch.
I just turned mine for the second time today - and so far so good - but it is only going into day 3

Julie

Top Bottom