so my flock is growing and im not sure of the breeds

MissAbraKadabra

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 6, 2013
Tampa Florida
i know the red one is a rooster, but the hen next to him, im not sure what breed she is i call them barbie and ken

this is my newest one, shes kinda a feral chicken, shes 2 years old, lays smallish white eggs, makes a totally differnt chicken noise than all the rest, she use to belong to an elderly man and she lived in a tree, and trenched up all the other neighbors yards, so he said if we caught her we could keep her, ive had her for 2 weeks now, ive decided to call her opal
all five in a row,
silver grey dorking first{eostre}, road island red{big red} ,barbie, ken, opal

if you have any thoughts on what breeds they may be id appreciate it

this Is my smallest chicken. She's full grown and laying. Any clue what she is? I tried to get my hand in the picture on the ground so you can see how small she is

i know the red one is a rooster, but the hen next to him, im not sure what breed she is i call them barbie and ken Barbie is so ugly she is beautiful. I love her face. Part silkie/ part? Do you know? :) this is my newest one, shes kinda a feral chicken, shes 2 years old, lays smallish white eggs, makes a totally differnt chicken noise than all the rest, she use to belong to an elderly man and she lived in a tree, and trenched up all the other neighbors yards, so he said if we caught her we could keep her, ive had her for 2 weeks now, ive decided to call her opal all five in a row, silver grey dorking first{eostre}, road island red{big red} ,barbie, ken, opal if you have any thoughts on what breeds they may be id appreciate it

Your new tiny one "sort of" looks like a Campine . Correct comb, white ear lobes, almost match on over all color. What color are her legs ?

The very last egg is opals. It's not white. But it's not Brown. .. its like a cream or tan color

And her legs are like a grey color.definitely darker then all the rest of my chickens.

now that barbie is growing into her feather she is definitely a lot prettier but I'm not sure what her other breed is when I got both chicks I was originally told one with the Rhode Island Red and one was in New Jersey Giants but I ended up with a silky mix An Rhode Island mix

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom