1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So proud...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Matilda hen, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Matilda hen

Matilda hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    Ireland
    My Coop
    Well , im so proud!

1) My first ducks , that i incubated , and reared myself during spring/summer have just begun laying!! Extremely proud of my baby , i remember when they were simple egg's themselves...

2) Well , my first broody (at last) that went broody this year , still refuses to leave her 10 week old chicks , its causing no problems though , and everyone is happy and healthy , so im leaving it be , but they have gotten so big , and beautiful! I am just so proud that my little asortment of chicks (3 roo's , 2 hens i think) are so beautiful! Heres some photo's!:D[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    [​IMG]

3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    You should be proud! Your chicks are too cute and they are big! Congrats on the duck eggs too.

4. kitmarlowescot2

kitmarlowescot2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Don't worry about your broody hen, I have heard of some hens taking care of her adult chicks up to five months. And then only because the the adult chicks themselves started to lay eggs or started to breed if they roosters. Even after that some mothers will stay close to her adult daughters for life in the flock, some will even go broody together and raise their chicks. This might happen to you next summer.

5. Matilda hen

Matilda hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    Ireland
    My Coop
    Awh yeh , maybe they will go broody lol , and im fine with it , everyone is ahppy and healthy , so thats all that matters :) thanks Sumi!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by