Matilda hen

Songster
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Ireland
My Coop
My Coop
Well , im so proud!

1) My first ducks , that i incubated , and reared myself during spring/summer have just begun laying!! Extremely proud of my baby , i remember when they were simple egg's themselves...

2) Well , my first broody (at last) that went broody this year , still refuses to leave her 10 week old chicks , its causing no problems though , and everyone is happy and healthy , so im leaving it be , but they have gotten so big , and beautiful! I am just so proud that my little asortment of chicks (3 roo's , 2 hens i think) are so beautiful! Heres some photo's!:D

celebrate.gif

You should be proud! Your chicks are too cute and they are big! Congrats on the duck eggs too.

Don't worry about your broody hen, I have heard of some hens taking care of her adult chicks up to five months. And then only because the the adult chicks themselves started to lay eggs or started to breed if they roosters. Even after that some mothers will stay close to her adult daughters for life in the flock, some will even go broody together and raise their chicks. This might happen to you next summer.

Awh yeh , maybe they will go broody lol , and im fine with it , everyone is ahppy and healthy , so thats all that matters :) thanks Sumi!

Back
Top Bottom