1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

So relieved!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jdoane, Sep 17, 2013.

1. jdoane

jdoane Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2013
    Western Massachusetts
    We are almost positive that one of our 5 six week old chicks is a roo. Bummed as I think it's going to be a really pretty bird although my hardest to handle. Can't have a roo in our neighborhood so I've been starting to try to figure out how to rehome him. Just spoke to the breeder that we happened to get that and one other chick from. He is willing to take a rooster back! Yay - No more stress about what will happen to little Hedwig! His recommendation was that we wait until 10 weeks as sometimes it turns out to be a pullet after all. I doubt that will happen but willing to hope.

Just so relieved that I don't have to hunt for someone to take a rooster!

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    That's very nice of your breeder to do that. I wish more of them would. It's always hard to part with a chick you have made a pet of, and at least this way you know he is in good hands. Here's hoping that Hedwig is just a precocious pullet.

3. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    Wow, that is great! That's so kind of the breeder to take him back. : )

4. jdoane

jdoane Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2013
    Western Massachusetts
    I think so too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by