SO sad, I feel pathetic...but its kind of funny... ugh!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sparkles2307, May 14, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

So we were watching Criminal Minds last night. Right at the exciting part I had to sneeze. It was just a little one, so I thought "instead of sneezing right during the climax of the show, I will just sniffle a bit to kill the itch"...so I did sniffle, just a bit, and threw out a rib!!! I am 25 freakin years old and threw out a rib by sniffling!!! I didnt sleep all night and cant lift my arms or turn my head now, good thing my jobs isnt demanding! Its the most embarassing injury I have even sustained... but it was funny enough that I had to share.....[​IMG] <-- btw, I cant physically do that with my arms while saying "gaaaah!" because it would hurt.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. yodercountrygirl

yodercountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry for your pain. [​IMG] But that is kinda funny.

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Having broken so many ribs I've lost count, I sympathize. [​IMG]

It hurts a lot. If you have to cough or sneeze, back yourself into a corner and wrap your arms over you ribs, it provides support. Or hug a pillow tightly.

It sounds like you may have just torn the tissue- take it VERY easy, because without the muscle support the ribs are far more likely to actually break. Then you won't be able to breathe, much less type! More [​IMG] !

4. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:OWIE.... hope it doesn't hurt to bad. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

On the plus side that was a really GOOD episode!!!!!

6. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    cant....stop....laughing!!!! [​IMG] i am really sorry it happened but...... [​IMG]

7. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

It was good, I even stopped reading my book a few times to REALLY watch. I usually do both at once and keep up with the story just fine, but it was intense last night. Not as good as my season finale of House, I didnt cry last night... but seriously, this hurts and my chiro is on a cruise!

ETA: and yes, yes it is funny.

Last edited: May 14, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by