So sad :(

My son went out today to do evening chores for me since I am one leg down and said that Nicky was actually using his bum leg. He still is limping pretty heavily but the swelling on the top of his foot seems to be down and he is uncurling his toes and putting weight on it which is a definite improvement. He gets lots of dark leafy greens to keep his vitamins up and he is still eating a lot and drinking fine. He might just make it through this thank goodness.

That is great news tp hear!! I hope you get better also..
smile.png

I am slowly but because of the amount of ice outside I am banned from the barn until it's better lol. The docs don't want me to fall and make it worse because I am stubborn and want to play with the babies. I really hate winter.

He is walking now but with a little bit of a limp. I am letting him out this week since I am home and hopefully he will be okay. I am almost wondering if it was a break and not a sprain because he seems normal now but he walks with a little bit of a limp on his bad side.

Hmm...hope he does ok.
I should send you some updated pics of my Dellies. I am so mad though since my only Dellie roo I kept got frostbite this winter. Grrrr...

I only have two girls and hatched out a second boy during the fall. He is kind of a pain but I don't want to process him until I am sure that Nicky will be okay. I am hatching out eggs right now and hoping that Nicky had fertilized them before he got hurt. I am still not sure about taking him out of his little pen because it is possible the other chickens could be mean to him and make him worse. Right now I am only letting him out while I am out there and can keep an eye on him. I am just hoping that he will be okay. No one else is showing any signs of lameness so I don't think it's illness but he is still limping which means if it is an injury it was pretty severe. Just keeping my fingers crossed that he keeps improving.

I would love to see some pictures of your Dellies other than frostbite are they doing well?
\

Yes, they seem to be. I am having issues with them roosting though. They keep trying to roost in the Turkey coop..seems they like it better.
hu.gif
Other than that, they all seem ok. I can tell you the other 3 roos I processed were definitely meatier than the other breeds we've done.

Yeah, sounds like it was a decent injury if he is still limping. I would wait as well. In fact, now you have me thinking I should have a back up!

Back
Top Bottom