She had been hinting, well maybe a little stronger than hints, that she wanted to convert the covered extension of our shed into a coop. A couple of weeks ago I got started on it. Grace, who loves to help me dig, is watching over the project. Got all the posts set in concrete. Everything outside is pressure treated. Started framing in the coop and the top of the run. Here's another pic of the framing. I put 2 x 6's along the bottom of the run. The chair is for break time! Here the exterior grade siding, windows and door have been installed. The front is turning into a nice patio. Another view of the siding and framing. Trenching for power and water. Hmmm, maybe cable for television? My wife got busy and painted all the trim and the coop. Looks fantastic! Then she decided the whole shed needed to be red too! Finished up the "Nest Egg" nesting boxes. Oh and that's my electric chicken door in the corner. Started installing the 1/2" hardware cloth. A battery powered finish stapler is a life saver here! I trenched and stapled 12" of hardware cloth to the bottom of the 2 x 6's. Grace is bored and would just like me to throw the tire around the yard. I also put hardware cloth along the concrete slab to keep moles from tunneling into the run. A little play on our last name "Duhachek". Finished the rest of the hardware cloth and got a screen door on the outside of the coop. My wife has started to decorate already. The patio entrance. The inside is painted along with the nesting box, which is removable for cleaning. My wife's artwork and decorations. The roost still needs to be painted. The box below is made from 2 x 6's with a plywood bottom that had a plastic panel inside it. The plastic panels are available at Home Depot. My chicken ladder up to the roost. Our littles have already learned how to hop from rung to rung. The littles first night in the coop! Sweet Dreams! Ta Da!!!