so so so sad

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lovesduckies, May 19, 2010.

1. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    my older brother, and the only one i have really since my youngest is a complete jerk and married satan, is deployed in afghanistan. today my mom received a phone call that his best friend as passed away due to a secondary IED (a bomb). my brother is an EOD (disarms bombs). it's very hard even having him there, but now hearing that his best friend who he went to EOD school has now passed is really hard and hits home big time. my brother had to go identify his body. he stayed with him till he took off in the plane to come home. he also whs really whiped his face clean so that his wife could tell him good bye. it's really sad. in the 22 years i have known my brother, i have NEVER seen or heard him cry, but when my mom got the phone call she said he was crying. it's very hard for me not to cry. i feel so bad for all our fallen soldiers who are deployed.

may you rest in peace Sean, you will be missed by your wife, 2 children, other family, and friends

[​IMG]

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    It is very sad, it always has been and always will be when we lose our soldiers.

3. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

4. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    that's so sad. i'm so sorry.

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I'm so sorry - Please give my thanks to your brother (and to Sean's family) for their service.

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] sorry for his loss.

8. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    thank you everyone. i will pass along the messages. sorry for the misspellings, i was crying when i wrote this

9. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I hope your bother makes it home.Sorry to read about his friend. So many lives lost all around.I do hope everyone comes home soon.

10. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] I am sorry.......... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by