So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

The biggest thing to remember is attitude is everything! Have yourself a good cry and get it over with. I've just spent the last 2 years of my life fighting Breast Cancer. You can do this standing on your head!

Get the book---Anticancer, a new way of life by Dr. Servan-Schreiber. He has done a lot of research on cancer and diet. He is also a cancer survivor. My personal endocrinologist has done a study on the information in the book and agrees with it completely. You can get it at Amazon, Books-a-Million, and most bigger bookstores. Here's a link on a pink ribbon website that talks about some of the diet info.
http://www.pinkribbon.org/Anticancer/Food/tabid/443/Default.aspx

Get a doctor who is going to be as aggressive as they can be. Having the plumbing doesn't make you a woman. (Neither did having boobs!) If you think it's going to get you, it will. Surround yourself with people who are going to only bring light into your life. Find a support group if you need to, for family memebers if you have to, but you HAVE TO have a good attitude.

Know I am always here if you need somone to talk to

Love and light.

ETA-hysto will make you feel like you have been kicked by a mule for a week or two. Take time to let your muscles heal. My doc believe in taking ovaries too. If yours does you will go straight into the big M. Forget hormones, Effexor is great for hot flashes, some folks find relief in red clover.

Last edited:
hugs.gif
You are in my prayers! You are such a wonderful person, I'm sure all will be well and you will come through this with flying colors.

Luna

I am 41 and had a complete vaginal hysterectomy two years ago due to stage two cervical cancer (a completely different thing than uterine cancer) caught very early. I had no complications from the surgery and was back at my desk job in two and half weeks. The worst part was the first two days after surgery. After that it was a few more months before I was totally "recovered" (not so tired) and probably a total of six months before I felt like my body was back to some kind of "normal". As I recall - I wasn't able to lift anything for four weeks - but I wasn't allowed to vacuum for like six or eight (big heartbreaker there
smile.png
)
I had no followup treatment at all because by taking the cervix they believed they got it all. I understand that the surgery requiring a laparatomy type incision (across the pubic bone) is a longer, more painful recovery but all in all - this was not a horrible surgery. I would not hesistate to have it again (given the same circumstances) - I really only had two or three days where I was unable to participate in my family's life and I was only in the hospital for about 24 hours. Hope that helps. I wish you the best of luck.

Jenny

Hang in there. Attitude! ... and Faith.

You will be fine. My MIL went through the same surgery 5 years ago. She's doing great.

How you feel will depend on which type of hysterectomy that they can do on you. Mine was abdominal and I was up and slooowly moving the next day. I was pretty sore but walking helped a lot. Don't drink the soda they offer you...major gas pains. Take a rice sock with you to the hospital, helps the soreness. I was back to work in 10 days but 2 weeks or so is normal, but I had a job that I could sit down when ever I needed too. The worst part for me was not being able to do any lifting for a while and needing help with the farm chores. I have had friends that had the vaginal surgery and they recovered much faster than I did. Honestly....I felt like crap for 3 days, cried like I was watching old Walt Disney movies from my childhood, and would have it done again if necessary because I feel so much better now.

I had a hyst in 2002 for endometriosis.
I would do again 50 times!
I feel great and "The Worry" is gone as well as the pain and misery.

Good luck to you on your medical journey. It sounds like it has been caught in time and you are going to be fine!
hugs.gif

Coyote - My attitude is fine right now. Not sure what to make of that right now though.
hmm.png
Maybe a few days from now I'll freak a little and go through those dreaded phases one goes through with that bit of news. I got your number. (PM)..
smile.png

Writer - thank you my friend.
smile.png

Hennyjenny & Godsgrl I think the incision will be across the pelvic line? Which sounds like major surgery.....whatever it is....just do it.

Back
Top Bottom