So....talk about.....CANCER SUPPORT THREAD !!

Hi all. I'm jumping on here b/c I am going to need all the support I can get! My mom was just diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC), a less common and more aggressive form of the typical breast cancers. We go for her oncology appt and MRI tomorrow and they will schedule surgery to put in her chemo port and biopsy her lymph nodes. Here's to hoping it hasn't spread.

Oh dear. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. You are close to the Moffet center in Tampa. They are always worth a second opinion, if for no other reason than to be sure you are on the correct course of treatment.
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Thanks to all.

No brain tumors! So that is at least some good news.

But... palliative care starts now, as she has gone through all the chemotherapy drugs that have shown to work or her type.

Yay re: no brain tumors!! I hope more good news will present in times ahead......... JJ

Hi all. I'm jumping on here b/c I am going to need all the support I can get! My mom was just diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer (TNBC), a less common and more aggressive form of the typical breast cancers. We go for her oncology appt and MRI tomorrow and they will schedule surgery to put in her chemo port and biopsy her lymph nodes. Here's to hoping it hasn't spread.

Kelly, sending good wishes for your mom.... JJ

Kelly I am hoping for the best. Mayo clinic in Jacksonville did a wonderful job with my mom. She also had a rarer type of breast cancer and they were quick and aggressive. She was in remission in no time. I am praying for you and your mom.

Thanks everyone! Mom had her chemo port placed this morning, as well as her lymph node biopsies done. Praying for negative nodes at this point and then I will feel a LOT better!

Back
Top Bottom